Helping you look after your mental wellbeing so you can build a life that you value
There are times when we all feel that we cannot cope. Sometimes we might feel overwhelmed and not know how to get through it on our own. But who can you turn to when you're struggling this way? The short answer is that you don't have to face difficult feelings on your own. Whether you have a mental health issue or just need some help getting through a particularly tough time there is always someone to turn to.
What Conditions Can it help?
• Depression and Anxiety
• Relationship Issues
• Anger Management
• Bereavement and Loss
• Dealing with Sexual Abuse Issues
• Shame Based Issues
• Eating Disorders
• Confidence and Assertiveness
• Divorce and Separation
• Changing Direction your life
• Post Traumatic Stress
• ..and more
* The process that occurs when a client and counsellor set aside time in order to explore difficulties which may include the stressful or emotional feelings of the client.
* The act of helping the client to see things more clearly, possibly from a different view-point. This can enable the client to focus on feelings, experiences or behaviour, with a goal to facilitating positive change.
* A relationship of trust. Confidentiality is paramount to successful counselling. Professional counsellors will usually explain their policy on confidentiality, they may, however, be required by law to disclose information if they believe that there is a risk to life.
Counselling is Not:
- Giving advice.
- Attempting to sort out the problems of the client.
- Expecting or encouraging a client to behave in a way in which the counsellor may have behaved when confronted with a similar problem in their own life